Tips from the Road and Working There Part 1
One of the best parts of being a performer is the opportunity to travel. Since virtually all of my work is at national sales meetings, product launches and trade shows in great cities including San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, San Diego and LA it’s important I stay connected and wired. Any person who runs their own company and handles every aspect of their own business can attest to the importance of staying connected and working just about anywhere an airport, hotel lobby, backstage. To do this I have the requesite laptop actually a MacBook Air which is truly light as a feather and my iPhone.
- Get Rid of the Extras. Everyone likes to be prepared but cut it down to the absolute essentials.
- Use The Cloud. With google docs and other Cloud serves your world can be accessible from anywhere in the world.
- Automate Your World. Schedule payments ahead of time through your bank to reduce worry. You may also be able to answer most email questions with an automated email, or handle other business details.
- Use LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to let people know where you are. This will help promote you and your business plus the added benefit of clients knowing you’re busy.
- Keep records Virtually. You’re not just a traveler, you’re out there doing work for your business. There are iPhone, Blackberry and Droid apps designed to make this part of biz travel easy and you can use your camera phone to take pictures of your receipts.
These are just a few tips. Check back for more in the coming weeks.
Call 702-932-8675 or email John now to ensure your event is a success.
|< Prev||Next >|